City of Kendrick

Founded by Thomas Kirby in 1889, Kendrick was first known as Latah or Latah City. On May 24, 1889, the post office was established and Kirby became the first Postmaster and the town was called Kirby. However in May 1890, on the basis of a guarantee that the Northern Pacific Railroad would extend its track to the town, the town was named Kendrick in honor of the chief engineer of the Northern Pacific, James P. Kendrick. Kendrick incorporated on October 15, 1890. Today the track is a bike path linking the towns of Kendrick and Juliaetta together.

808 Railroad Street
P. O. Box 195
Kendrick, Idaho 83537
Phone 208 289-5157
[email protected]

Mayor – Dale Lisher
Council Members
Jeremy Alexander
Mike Morgan
Donna Corkill
Andrew Tweit


City Employees

Steve Howerton

Barbara Brady

Jim Fey